Following a very successful project in 2016, we are pleased to announce a new campaign for 2017:
Syrians are coming
with love, tolerance and humanity
Syrians are refugees. They flee their country due to conflict . They come with smiles, positive attitudes, teddy bears, family photos, presents from loved ones, educational certificates, skills and much more .
Facts of the Syrian refugee crisis:
• 13.5 million people in Syria need humanitarian assistance .
• 4.9 million Syrians are refugees, and 6.1 million are displaced within Syria; half of those affected are children.
• Most Syrian refugees remain in the Middle East, in Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq and Egypt; slightly more than 10 percent of the refugees have fled to Europe.
Why this campaign :
-Many countries are closing their doors to refugees.
-Refugees are still drowning in the Mediterranean
We invite individual groups , artists, media outlets, NGO’s, universities and organisations etc to work and collaborate together by:
-Showing the positive act of communicating through art
– Motivating young people for social change through art
-Engaging with people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
What are we going to do ?
• Support Syrian artists, photographers, poets, writers, and cultural bloggers within and beyond Syria.
• Support local and regional debates about refugees issues.
• Deliver a number of workshops and other activities among communities mainly about cultural and religious differences to ease integration and remove walls between people who need help
• Bring people and communities together to provide cultural exchange.
•Support vulnerable people especially those coming from refugee camps by providing training workshops and connect them with employers and society at large.
We’re hugely excited to get started on our new campaign and will have more details on upcoming events and projects to follow. For details on how to get involved in our campaign email : email@example.com
*Photo:Frederic Sequin ,freelance photojournalist born and based in Montreal